Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My New Adventure


My New Adventure

 

Hello again to all! Today I’m writing about a new adventure in my life. Recently I moved in the past month from Fond du Lac to Milwaukee. Why do you say I moved? Well I got a job in merchandising for a large corporate company in Milwaukee. This will give me much needed experience to make it in marketing in the future. If you remember I’m attending Moraine Park to attain a Business Management/Marketing degree. The way businesses are going these days, not hiring without experience, this job will get me that experience that everyone wants. That’s the key isn’t it? When you get out of college and are applying for jobs they all want experience and you always end up wondering how the heck do I get what they need? Well I got a break in my applying for as many jobs as a person can possible do, and one called back for an interview. The only catch is that it was in Milwaukee. I knew when I was applying for jobs that I needed to apply outside of Fond du Lac in the surrounding areas. Since the economy isn’t picking up anytime soon the odds of getting what I needed in a job for experience in town was very minimal.
My advice to exiting students looking for work or anyone who is looking for work is trying something out of the box, like applying a little further than you’d like, but remembering it can be temporary. Or by applying and accepting a job further than you like might mean a start of a new life, sometimes things don’t come as easy as you’d like them to, sometimes you got to do it the hard way.
Anyways I’m down here in Milwaukee and will be for some time, I plan on attending Moraine Park’s West Bend Campus this fall. The West Bend Campus for me is about a 45 minute drive which isn’t that bad. I plan on taking more online and blended classes than traditional. I’ve always liked traditional classes as they work best for me; I know everyone has their preference but traditional style is what I liked and learned the best from. Another example of how MPTC is keeping up with the changing student is that you have options. Traditional classes are now not going to be doable for me, but no fear, as MPTC has online classes or blended which means that it’s a mixture of in the classroom and online. Depending on the instructor you could be online more than in the classroom or vice versa. MPTC is a great place to get an education, if you can’t continue like I can’t right now to do one option there’s more to choose from! So don’t make an excuse of how your life is too busy for higher education, the college for you is right in front of you at MPTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment